Visual changes in Pokemon GO v0.31.0
We’ve been receiving reports of a new update for Android. Changelog and pictures below:
- Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
- Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
- Refined certain Gym animations
- Improved memory issues
- Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes
- Male character now has a blue option for clothes!
- Favoriting pokemon will make them not transferrable!
- Female character now has orange options for clothes!
Popup dialog on logging in
A second warning in addition to the warning on the loading screen. Not sure why this was needed.
Quite a controversial change here. Now the tracker shows no footsteps at all and clicking on any Pokemon in the tracker does nothing. This defeats a big purpose of the game which is locating Pokemon. With a change like this Niantic is probably sending a message that this is how they want things to be. (Yes I couldn’t locate Marowak.)
The profile page now lists cumulative XP earned above the current XP bar. The journal button is not below the level bar now. At the bottom right is a floating button.
Journal and Customize options
The journal menu has been moved under the floating button actions. And Customize is a newly added option that allows you to change customization options anytime.
Probably similar to how it looked before. But I swear there are a few more options now like the blue shirt, blue shoes and blue cap I have equipped here.
New achievement icons
Some achievements have received new icons
Tweaked achievement popup
Visual tweaks made to the popup dialog of an achievement. It’s much smaller now.
Font changes in Pokemon list
The font is now bold.
Font changes in Egg menu
The font for distance for the eggs has also been made bold. However, it’s not aligned with “km”. Arrrgghh!
New Pokeball model
The Pokeball now looks sharper and ever so slightly different. On encountering a wild Pokemon, when you tap it, the animation it shows leading up to this screen is slightly tweaked and smoother now. Also the capture animation has been fixed. Now the animations of the Pokemon going into the ball and the ball opening and closing are properly synced.